Breaking News

2019 Election: INEC release State by State total registered voters respectively



At this time, the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) release total number of registered voters in 36 States in Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of Abuja, respectively.

INEC Chairman Mahmood Yakubu

Nigeria polling units to elect political leaders on February 16 and March 2, 2019 according to the underlisted breakdown of registered voters in 36 States in Nigeria and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) of Abuja, respectively;

S/N
STATES
NUMBER OF REGISTERED VOTERS
1.
ABIA 
1,932,892
2.
ADAMAWA
1, 973,083
3.
AKWA IBOM
2,119, 727
4.
ANAMBRA
2, 447, 996
5.
BAUCHI
2, 462, 843
6.
BAYELSA
923,182
7..
BENUE
2,480,131
8.
BORNO
2,315,956
9.
CROSS RIVER
1,527,289
10.
DELTA
2,845,274
11.
EBONYI
1,459,933
12.
EDO
2,210,534
13.
EKITI
909,967
14.
ENUGU
1,944,016
15.
FCT
1,344,856
16.
GOMBE
1,394,393
17.
IMO
2,272,293
18.
JIGAWA
2,111,106
19.
KADUNA
3,932,492
20.
KANO
5,457,747
21.
KATSINA
3,230,230
22.
KEBBI
1,806,231
23.
KOGI
1,646,350
24.
KWARA
1,406,457
25.
LAGOS
6,570,291
26.
NASARAWA
1,617,786
27.
NIGER
2,390,035
28.
OGUN
2,375,003
29.
ONDO
1,822,346
30.
OSUN
1,680,498
31.
OYO
2,934,107
32
PLATEAU
2,480,455
33.
RIVERS
3,215,273
34.
SOKOTO
1,903,166
35.
TARABA
1,777,105
36
YOBE
1,365,913
37.
ZAMFARA
1,717,128
TOTAL VOTERS
84,004,084
NEW VOTERS
15,170,608

Following the presentation of the Voter Register in Abuja on Monday, January 7, 2019, INEC chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, disclosed that the final register for the 2019 general elections stands at 84,004,084 voters.

The Northwest currently has the highest number of registered voters at 20,158,100. That hands the Northwest 24.06% of the registered vote total.

The southwest region comes second with 16,292,212 registered voters (19.39%), while the north-central has 13,366,070 registered voters (15.91%), and the south-south has 12,841,279 registered voters (15.29%).

The northeast region and the southeast region come last with the total number of registered voters with 11,289,293 (13.44%) and 10,057,130 voters (11.91%) respectively.

Of the total, there are more registered female voters (44,405,439) than male voters (39,598,645). The female population of registered voters make up 52.86% of the total voter register with registered male voters making up the remaining 47.14%.


Stay up to date or catch-up on all our podcasts with leadingupdate here and also share with your friend on Facebook, twitter, google+

No comments